Square Enix will bring back its NieR Replicant promotional coffee to take advantage of the release of NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139. Announced during a livestream on April 19, 2021, NieR Replicant will take over the âSQEX Cafeâ locations in Tokyo and Osaka, Japan. The promotion will include a special food and drink menu and program, exclusive in-store merchandise, and decor featuring the art of the game. It will run from April 24, 2021 to June 4, 2021.
In Japan, promotional cafes like the NieR Replicant The cafe is like a combination of a gift shop and a scheduled fan event. Fans make reservations online for a fee, then stay for a limited time. They will be given a menu from which they can order specialty coffee brand-themed dishes and drinks, which will be served with limited merchandise like coasters and place mats. Theme cafes can be temporary or even have permanent locations, like the Final Fantasy XIV– the Eorzea-themed coffee.
For this tour, the NieR Replicant The cafe will serve food on special placemats decorated with artwork from the game. Drinks will be served on a limited coaster, decorated with artwork and chosen at random.
As for the food menu, some items returned from the original 2018 run of the NieR Replicant cafe, but there are also some new additions to the promotional menu:
From left to right and top to bottom:
- Grilled Mutton from the Northern Plains (A grilled rack of lamb)
- Kaine Omurice Bandages (An egg omelet decorated like Kaine’s outfit and placed on rice and meat in sauce)
- âHave Pot-au-feu, Big Brotherâ (pot-au-feu based on Yonah’s recipe, delicious despite its appearance)
- Devola and Popola’s Pizza (only one side is spicy)
- Emil’s Bullet Hell Crepe (remove vinyl decoration and berry “balls” scattered on the plate)
- Weiss and Noir Mille Crepe (a mille crepe in the shape of books)
- Mystery dish revealed after May 15, 2021
The Deny Replicant The cafe drinks menu is also creative:
From left to right:
- Boy’s Gray Soda
- Black Lemon Sour of Youth (the only alcoholic beverage, served only to over 19s)
- Emil’s Violet Drink (has a stirrer shaped like Emil’s weapon)
- Fyra lemon flower (comes with a decoration in the shape of a Fyra mask)
- Devola and Popola’s Berry Coke (a three-layered drink inspired by their colors)
- A mystery drink based on a character that will not be revealed until after the game is released.
The NieR Replicant CafÃ© will open on April 24, 2021 and run in Tokyo and Osaka until June 4, 2021. NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139 will launch worldwide on PS4, Xbox One, and PC on April 23, 2021.